Close Menu
    Trending
    • The 1 Email That Took My Business From Hustle to Scale
    • Solar farm on the ocean outperforms land-based solar in Taiwan
    • What are the Epstein child abuse claims Surrey Police are investigating? Everything we know
    • Angelina Jolie’s Son Knox Is Brad Pitt’s Carbon Copy During Outing
    • US troop withdrawals from Europe don’t harm NATO defences: top commander
    • Somaliland to open embassy in Jerusalem, Israel in Hargeisa: Envoy | News
    • Best bet: Figure a battle of top seeds in Stanley Cup Final
    • 2 Data Points That Should Worry Every CEO Right Now
    Benjamin Franklin Institute
    Tuesday, May 19
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Science
    • Technology
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • International
    Benjamin Franklin Institute
    Home»Trending News»US Justice Department accuses two Chinese men of trying to smuggle Nvidia chips
    Trending News

    US Justice Department accuses two Chinese men of trying to smuggle Nvidia chips

    Team_Benjamin Franklin InstituteBy Team_Benjamin Franklin InstituteDecember 9, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link


    WASHINGTON: Two Chinese men are in custody for allegedly smuggling Nvidia H100 and H200 chips to China, the US Justice Department said on Monday (Dec 9), as President Donald Trump gave the green light for Nvidia to export its H200 chips to Beijing.

    Prosecutors allege that Fanyue Gong, 43, a Chinese citizen living in New York, and Benlin Yuan, 58, a Canadian citizen from China, independently conspired with employees of a Hong Kong-based logistics company and a China-based AI technology company to circumvent US export controls, according to the Justice Department.

    In court documents, prosecutors said that Gong and his co-conspirators obtained the Nvidia chips through straw purchasers and intermediaries, and falsely claimed that the goods were for US customers or customers in third countries like Taiwan and Thailand.

    The chips were shipped to multiple US warehouses, where individuals removed the Nvidia labels and affixed labels bearing the name of what prosecutors believe was a fake company, according to the criminal complaint. The chips were then prepared for export, according to the complaint.

    In a separate complaint, prosecutors said Yuan helped recruit and organise individuals to inspect the mislabeled chips on behalf of the Hong Kong logistics company.

    Yuan allegedly agreed to direct inspectors not to say the goods were destined for China, prosecutors said, adding that he also directed discussions to craft a story his company could use to get chips and other equipment released after they were seized by federal authorities.

    Prosecutors estimate that the scheme had been in operation since at least November 2023, according to court documents.

    Yuan’s lawyer declined to comment, while a representative for Gong could not immediately be identified.

    A spokesperson for the Chinese Embassy in Washington said, “The Chinese government requires Chinese citizens abroad to strictly abide by local laws and regulations, while also legally protecting the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese citizens overseas.”



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

    Related Posts

    Trending News

    US troop withdrawals from Europe don’t harm NATO defences: top commander

    May 19, 2026
    Trending News

    Iran army warns it will ‘open new fronts’ against US if attacks resume

    May 19, 2026
    Trending News

    India to monitor Boeing fuel-switch test tied to Air India London incident, documents show

    May 19, 2026
    Trending News

    What do we know about the Bundibugyo strain of the Ebola virus?

    May 19, 2026
    Trending News

    US to screen for Ebola at airports, one American in DR Congo infected

    May 19, 2026
    Trending News

    Swatch blames shopping centres for ‘problems’ with Royal Pop launch

    May 19, 2026
    Editors Picks

    ‘You’ll find out’: Key takeaways from Trump’s one-year anniversary remarks | Donald Trump News

    January 21, 2026

    Muted anniversary: Trump marks first year back with grievances

    January 20, 2026

    Trump says he might keep Exxon out of Venezuela after CEO called it ‘uninvestable’

    January 12, 2026

    Barbie Ferreira Reveals Cosmetic Her Fear

    May 5, 2026

    What to read this week: the excellent Beyond Belief by Helen Pearson

    May 17, 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Welcome to Benjamin Franklin Institute, your premier destination for insightful, engaging, and diverse Political News and Opinions.

    The Benjamin Franklin Institute supports free speech, the U.S. Constitution and political candidates and organizations that promote and protect both of these important features of the American Experiment.

    We are passionate about delivering high-quality, accurate, and engaging content that resonates with our readers. Sign up for our text alerts and email newsletter to stay informed.

    Latest Posts

    The 1 Email That Took My Business From Hustle to Scale

    May 19, 2026

    Solar farm on the ocean outperforms land-based solar in Taiwan

    May 19, 2026

    What are the Epstein child abuse claims Surrey Police are investigating? Everything we know

    May 19, 2026

    Subscribe for Updates

    Stay informed by signing up for our free news alerts.

    Paid for by the Benjamin Franklin Institute. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.
    • Privacy Policy
    • About us
    • Contact us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.