Close Menu
    Trending
    • How I used psychology to come back from the worst year of my life
    • German Intelligence Deems Watermelon Emoji Hate Speech
    • John Travolta Reveals Reason For His Viral Cannes Look
    • What do we know about the Bundibugyo strain of the Ebola virus?
    • Wembanyama scores 41 as Spurs upset Thunder in Game 1 thriller | Basketball
    • Aaron Rai’s father quit his job to support his golf career
    • What You Can and Can’t Deduct in Your Side Hustle (Most People Get Tax Deductions Wrong)
    • What is love? Even a meeting on the subject can’t find the answer
    Benjamin Franklin Institute
    Tuesday, May 19
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Science
    • Technology
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • International
    Benjamin Franklin Institute
    Home»Business»Trump signals plans for ExxonMobil in Venezuela after White House meeting
    Business

    Trump signals plans for ExxonMobil in Venezuela after White House meeting

    Team_Benjamin Franklin InstituteBy Team_Benjamin Franklin InstituteJanuary 12, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    President Donald Trump said Sunday that he is “inclined” to keep ExxonMobil out of Venezuela after its top executive was skeptical about oil investment efforts in the country after the toppling of former President Nicolás Maduro.
    “I didn’t like Exxon’s response,” Trump said to reporters on Air Force One as he departed West Palm Beach, Florida. “They’re playing too cute.”
    During a meeting Friday with oil executives, Trump tried to assuage the concerns of the companies and said they would be dealing directly with the U.S., rather than the Venezuelan government.
    Some, however, weren’t convinced.
    “If we look at the commercial constructs and frameworks in place today in Venezuela, today it’s uninvestable,” said Darren Woods, CEO of ExxonMobil, the largest U.S. oil company.
    An ExxonMobil spokesperson did not immediately respond Sunday to a request for comment.
    Also on Friday, Trump signed an executive order that seeks to ensure that Venezuelan oil revenue remains protected from being used in judicial proceedings.
    The executive order, made public on Saturday, says that if the funds were to be seized for such use, it could “undermine critical U.S. efforts to ensure economic and political stability in Venezuela.” Venezuela has a history of state asset seizures, ongoing U.S. sanctions and decades of political uncertainty.
    Getting U.S. oil companies to invest in Venezuela and help rebuild the country’s infrastructure is a top priority of the Trump administration after Maduro’s capture.
    The White House is framing the effort to “run” Venezuela in economic terms, and Trump has seized tankers carrying Venezuelan oil, has said the U.S. is taking over the sales of 30 million to 50 million barrels of previously sanctioned Venezuelan crude, and plans to control sales worldwide indefinitely.


    Kim reported from West Palm Beach, Florida.

    —Seung Min Kim and Julia Nikhinson, Associated Press



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

    Related Posts

    Business

    What You Can and Can’t Deduct in Your Side Hustle (Most People Get Tax Deductions Wrong)

    May 19, 2026
    Business

    Why an Athlete’s Retirement Made Me Rethink My Exit After Building a $2.7B Company

    May 19, 2026
    Business

    The Counterintuitive Choice That Grew Our Business to $120M

    May 18, 2026
    Business

    Elon Musk Loses $150 Billion Lawsuit Against Sam Altman

    May 18, 2026
    Business

    Why we’re living through the cable TV moment of the internet

    May 18, 2026
    Business

    SpaceX IPO: Stock listing date nears as Elon Musk’s rocket company prepares for historic market debut

    May 18, 2026
    Editors Picks

    US, Latin America countries criticise China’s retaliation over Panama Canal | Shipping News

    April 29, 2026

    ‘Below Deck’ Star Gary King Sued For Alleged Sexual Battery

    February 27, 2025

    I was accused of killing over 100 million rabbits across Australia

    March 10, 2026

    EU leaders express solidarity with Gulf countries amid Iranian attacks | Israel-Iran conflict News

    March 5, 2026

    People are refusing transfusions from donors vaccinated against covid

    April 16, 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Welcome to Benjamin Franklin Institute, your premier destination for insightful, engaging, and diverse Political News and Opinions.

    The Benjamin Franklin Institute supports free speech, the U.S. Constitution and political candidates and organizations that promote and protect both of these important features of the American Experiment.

    We are passionate about delivering high-quality, accurate, and engaging content that resonates with our readers. Sign up for our text alerts and email newsletter to stay informed.

    Latest Posts

    How I used psychology to come back from the worst year of my life

    May 19, 2026

    German Intelligence Deems Watermelon Emoji Hate Speech

    May 19, 2026

    John Travolta Reveals Reason For His Viral Cannes Look

    May 19, 2026

    Subscribe for Updates

    Stay informed by signing up for our free news alerts.

    Paid for by the Benjamin Franklin Institute. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.
    • Privacy Policy
    • About us
    • Contact us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.