Close Menu
    Trending
    • Emmitt Smith reacts to Cowboys’ controversial George Pickens decision
    • Opinion | Thank You, President Trump
    • I Sold in 19 Markets. Here’s What Founders Get Wrong About Europe
    • The ‘doomsday’ glacier’s giant ice shelf is about to break away
    • Will Robotics Have a Breakthrough ChatGPT Moment?
    • The Grocery Store Is Becoming A Surveillance Center
    • Taylor Swift Reportedly Doesn’t Trust Travis Kelce’s Dad
    • Iran threatens war beyond the Middle East if US attacks
    Benjamin Franklin Institute
    Wednesday, May 20
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Science
    • Technology
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • International
    Benjamin Franklin Institute
    Home»Trending News»Israel to sue NYT over ‘distorted’ report on sex abuse of Palestinian inmates
    Trending News

    Israel to sue NYT over ‘distorted’ report on sex abuse of Palestinian inmates

    Team_Benjamin Franklin InstituteBy Team_Benjamin Franklin InstituteMay 14, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link


    JERUSALEM: Israeli authorities will take The New York Times to court over a piece it published denouncing alleged widespread sexual abuse against Palestinian detainees, the office of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.

    Netanyahu and Foreign Minister Gideon Saar have ordered the “initiation of a defamation lawsuit against The New York Times”, according to a joint statement issued by their offices.

    It said the lawsuit was being pursued “following the publication by Nicholas Kristof in The New York Times of one of the most hideous and distorted lies ever published against the State of Israel in the modern press, which also received the backing of the newspaper”.

    The investigation, published on Monday (May 11) as an opinion piece by columnist Kristof, is based on testimonies gathered in the Israeli-occupied West Bank from 14 men and women who said that they had been sexually assaulted by Israeli settlers or members of the security forces.

    The report described “a pattern of widespread Israeli sexual violence against men, women and even children – by soldiers, settlers, interrogators in the Shin Bet internal security agency and, above all, prison guards”.

    According to the report, “there is no evidence that Israeli leaders order rapes”.

    The foreign ministry rejected the report when it was published, saying Kristof had based it “on unverified sources tied to Hamas-linked networks”.

    It also accused the paper of deliberately timing the publication to “undermine” an independent Israeli report on Hamas sexual violence perpetrated during its Oct 7, 2023, attack on Israel, which was published on the same day.

    Israeli forces have detained thousands of Palestinians in the West Bank since Hamas’s 2023 attack, which triggered the war in Gaza. 



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

    Related Posts

    Trending News

    Iran threatens war beyond the Middle East if US attacks

    May 20, 2026
    Trending News

    US probe into strike on Iran girls’ school near conclusion, US admiral says

    May 20, 2026
    Trending News

    Putin hails ‘strong’ momentum in Russia-China cooperation in talks with Xi

    May 20, 2026
    Trending News

    Trump purges another Republican critic with Massie defeat in Kentucky

    May 20, 2026
    Trending News

    Commentary: Ukraine is doing better. Now it’s Europe’s turn

    May 19, 2026
    Trending News

    US troop withdrawals from Europe don’t harm NATO defences: top commander

    May 19, 2026
    Editors Picks

    Ukraine unlocks US$1.5 billion in IMF funding as board approves US$8.1 billion loan

    February 27, 2026

    Blake Lively Labeled A ‘Suicide Bomber’ And ‘Villain’ By Actress In Explosive Texts

    January 23, 2026

    Buyer’s or seller’s housing market? Zillow’s updated regional ratings for over 400 markets

    January 31, 2026

    United States Withdrawal From The World Health Organization

    January 24, 2026

    T. rex took 40 years to become fully grown

    January 14, 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Welcome to Benjamin Franklin Institute, your premier destination for insightful, engaging, and diverse Political News and Opinions.

    The Benjamin Franklin Institute supports free speech, the U.S. Constitution and political candidates and organizations that promote and protect both of these important features of the American Experiment.

    We are passionate about delivering high-quality, accurate, and engaging content that resonates with our readers. Sign up for our text alerts and email newsletter to stay informed.

    Latest Posts

    Emmitt Smith reacts to Cowboys’ controversial George Pickens decision

    May 20, 2026

    Opinion | Thank You, President Trump

    May 20, 2026

    I Sold in 19 Markets. Here’s What Founders Get Wrong About Europe

    May 20, 2026

    Subscribe for Updates

    Stay informed by signing up for our free news alerts.

    Paid for by the Benjamin Franklin Institute. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.
    • Privacy Policy
    • About us
    • Contact us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.