Close Menu
    Trending
    • Spain’s former PM Zapatero faces corruption probe | News
    • World Cup check-in: Ecstasy and agony for USMNT’s Premier League contingent
    • Opinion | Who Should Be the Next Governor of California?
    • This Business Strategy Made No Sense On Paper — But Drove Most of Our Customer Loyalty
    • How I used psychology to come back from the worst year of my life
    • German Intelligence Deems Watermelon Emoji Hate Speech
    • John Travolta Reveals Reason For His Viral Cannes Look
    • What do we know about the Bundibugyo strain of the Ebola virus?
    Benjamin Franklin Institute
    Tuesday, May 19
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Science
    • Technology
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • International
    Benjamin Franklin Institute
    Home»Trending News»Arab foreign ministers reject Trump call for transfer of Palestinians
    Trending News

    Arab foreign ministers reject Trump call for transfer of Palestinians

    Team_Benjamin Franklin InstituteBy Team_Benjamin Franklin InstituteFebruary 1, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link


    CAIRO: Arab foreign ministers on Saturday (Feb 1) rejected the transfer of Palestinians from their land under any circumstances, presenting a unified stance against United States President Donald Trump’s call for Egypt and Jordan to take in residents of the Gaza Strip.

    In a joint statement following a meeting in Cairo, the foreign ministers and officials from Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, the Palestinian Authority and the Arab League said such a move would threaten stability in the region, spread conflict and undermine prospects for peace.

    “We affirm our rejection of (any attempts) to compromise Palestinians’ unalienable rights, whether through settlement activities, or evictions or annex of land or through vacating the land from its owners … in any form or under any circumstances or justifications,” the joint statement read.

    They were looking forward to working with Trump’s administration to achieve a just and comprehensive peace in the Middle East based on a two-state solution, they added.

    The meeting comes after Trump said last week that Egypt and Jordan should take in Palestinians from Gaza, which he called a “demolition site” following 15 months of Israeli bombardment that rendered most of its 2.3 million people homeless. Critics have called his suggestion tantamount to ethnic cleansing.

    Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi on Wednesday rejected the idea that Egypt would facilitate the displacement of Gazans and said Egyptians would take to the streets to express their disapproval.

    However, on Thursday, Trump reiterated the idea, saying: “We do a lot for them, and they are going to do it”, in apparent reference to abundant US aid, including military assistance, to both Egypt and Jordan.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

    Related Posts

    Trending News

    What do we know about the Bundibugyo strain of the Ebola virus?

    May 19, 2026
    Trending News

    US to screen for Ebola at airports, one American in DR Congo infected

    May 19, 2026
    Trending News

    Swatch blames shopping centres for ‘problems’ with Royal Pop launch

    May 19, 2026
    Trending News

    Ebola and hantavirus outbreaks sign of our ‘dangerous’ times: WHO

    May 18, 2026
    Trending News

    India’s Adani to pay US$275 mn settlement to US over alleged Iran sanctions violations

    May 18, 2026
    Trending News

    Pakistan hands US revised Iranian proposal for ending war

    May 18, 2026
    Editors Picks

    Canada PM Justin Trudeau’s Liberal Party to elect new leader on March 9 | Politics News

    January 10, 2025

    German carnival revellers take swipes at Putin, Trump, Epstein

    February 16, 2026

    Damson Idris Says Messi Made Him Quit Soccer

    April 24, 2026

    The ‘NFL Draft first-round quarterback selections since 2000’ quiz

    September 11, 2025

    Wordle game to be turned into TV show with Jimmy Fallon’s company

    May 13, 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Welcome to Benjamin Franklin Institute, your premier destination for insightful, engaging, and diverse Political News and Opinions.

    The Benjamin Franklin Institute supports free speech, the U.S. Constitution and political candidates and organizations that promote and protect both of these important features of the American Experiment.

    We are passionate about delivering high-quality, accurate, and engaging content that resonates with our readers. Sign up for our text alerts and email newsletter to stay informed.

    Latest Posts

    Spain’s former PM Zapatero faces corruption probe | News

    May 19, 2026

    World Cup check-in: Ecstasy and agony for USMNT’s Premier League contingent

    May 19, 2026

    Opinion | Who Should Be the Next Governor of California?

    May 19, 2026

    Subscribe for Updates

    Stay informed by signing up for our free news alerts.

    Paid for by the Benjamin Franklin Institute. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.
    • Privacy Policy
    • About us
    • Contact us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.