Close Menu
    Trending
    • More Evidence Skilled Labor Is Rising In Value
    • Machine Gun Kelly and Yungblud’s Feud Intensifies
    • Airbus, Air France found guilty of manslaughter over 2009 Atlantic crash
    • French Open rejects prize money change despite tennis stars’ boycott threat | Tennis News
    • Kyle Busch hospitalized with severe illness, won’t race at Charlotte
    • The Top Doughnut Franchises on the Franchise 500
    • Women’s better memories may delay Alzheimer’s diagnosis by years
    • Trump Says He Will Speak with Taiwan’s President About Arms Deal
    Benjamin Franklin Institute
    Thursday, May 21
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Science
    • Technology
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • International
    Benjamin Franklin Institute
    Home»Arts & Entertainment»James Charles Slammed For ‘Privileged’ Rant About Laid-Off Staff
    Arts & Entertainment

    James Charles Slammed For ‘Privileged’ Rant About Laid-Off Staff

    Team_Benjamin Franklin InstituteBy Team_Benjamin Franklin InstituteMay 11, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link


    James Charles is under fire after a now-deleted TikTok rant targeting a woman who allegedly reached out asking for financial help following the collapse of Spirit Airlines. The budget airline reportedly shut down operations last week, leaving roughly 17,000 employees without jobs. According to Charles, one former employee sent him a direct message that included a GoFundMe link and a request for donations after losing her position. Instead of quietly ignoring the message, the beauty influencer recorded a profanity-filled response mocking the woman and questioning why she was asking celebrities for help.

    Xavier Collin/Image Press Agency/MEGA

    In the now-circulating clip, Charles sarcastically read the woman’s message aloud before launching into an aggressive rant. “I’m sure they do, sweetheart. I’m sure they do,” he said after reading that “any donations help.” “You know what else would help you? Getting another job. Yeah, try that,” Charles said.

    Charles continued by accusing the woman of mass messaging influencers instead of applying for employment opportunities. “But you didn’t, ‘cause you’re a lazy piece of sh-t, and you’re entitled,” he said.

    The influencer also appeared particularly upset that the woman allegedly did not follow him on social media. “You’re not a fan, you don’t even follow me,” Charles said. “And you think that I’m gonna send you money because you lost your job?!”

    James Charles at 36th Annual GLAAD Media Awards
    Jeffrey Mayer/JTMPhotos, Int’l. / MEGA

    The video quickly spread across social media through screen recordings after it was deleted, sparking intense backlash online. Critics slammed Charles as “privileged,” “out of touch,” and “elitist,” especially given reports that the influencer has amassed a fortune worth millions.

    “Just couldn’t help showing those true colors,” one user responded after someone else asked why he would post such a thing. “This is so wild lol why is he so pressed?? Ignore and move on!!!” another said.

    A third chimed in, “Holy sh-t he is cruel af, I only watched 30 seconds but omg.” As someone else expressed, “Yeah, he has never applied for a job in his life if he thinks it takes 30 seconds.”

    James Charles Later Issued Public Apology

    James Charles at 2025 American Music Awards - Arrivals
    C Flanigan/imageSPACE / MEGA

    Following the backlash, Charles returned to TikTok with a second video apologizing for his behavior and admitting the rant was inappropriate. “This video was f-cking stupid,” he said. “It was rude, it was obnoxious, it was privileged, and most importantly, it was completely f-cking unnecessary.”

    Charles acknowledged that he could have simply ignored the message instead of publicly humiliating the woman online. “It was obnoxious, and I shamed her for asking for help in a situation where she was clearly really struggling,” he admitted. “This could have been her absolute last resort.”

    The influencer also directly apologized to the woman involved and admitted the situation hurt many people who watched the clip circulate online. “I feel awful because that wasn’t my intention,” Charles said. “I’m super sorry, especially to the woman from Spirit Airlines.”

    Spirit Airlines Shut Down Operations After Failed Financial Rescue Efforts

    Spirit Airlines Headquarters And Operations In South Florida
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    The controversy surrounding Charles’ comments comes just days after Spirit Airlines officially announced it was shutting down operations entirely. On May 2, the airline confirmed it would cancel all flights and cease operations “effective immediately” following failed restructuring efforts and ongoing financial struggles.

    According to the company, rising fuel costs and an inability to secure additional funding ultimately pushed the airline past the point of recovery. “For more than 30 years, Spirit Airlines has played a pioneering role in making travel more accessible and bringing people together while driving affordability across the industry,” Spirit President and CEO Dave Davis said in a statement.

    “Sustaining the business required hundreds of millions of additional dollars of liquidity that Spirit simply does not have and could not procure,” Davis added. “This is tremendously disappointing and not the outcome any of us wanted.”

    Spirit Airlines Customers Scramble For Refunds After Sudden Shutdown

    Spirit Airlines Headquarters And Operations In South Florida
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    The company stated that customers who booked flights directly through Spirit using credit or debit cards would automatically receive refunds, though some transactions may take additional time to process. Meanwhile, travelers who purchased tickets through third-party services or travel agencies were instructed to contact those providers directly for reimbursement.

    Spirit also confirmed that customers holding vouchers, loyalty points, or travel credits would need to file claims through the airline’s ongoing bankruptcy proceedings.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

    Related Posts

    Arts & Entertainment

    Machine Gun Kelly and Yungblud’s Feud Intensifies

    May 21, 2026
    Arts & Entertainment

    Andy Dick Shares Sobriety Update Following Overdose

    May 21, 2026
    Arts & Entertainment

    Harry Styles And Zoë Kravitz Planning Intimate UK Wedding

    May 21, 2026
    Arts & Entertainment

    Anne Hathaway Breaks Silence On Her Off-Putting Acting Behavior

    May 21, 2026
    Arts & Entertainment

    The Heartbreaking Reason Adam Driver Actually Sat Through A Cannes Premiere

    May 21, 2026
    Arts & Entertainment

    Jessica Simpson Shares Real Reason Her Kids Flew Coach

    May 20, 2026
    Editors Picks

    Man arrested for attempted murder after car hits pedestrians in UK

    March 29, 2026

    HSBC weighs deep job cuts as AI overhaul unfolds: Report

    March 19, 2026

    Is Texas making the right call with reported coaching change?

    March 24, 2025

    Villa come back at Chelsea, while Arsenal and Man City win again | Football News

    December 27, 2025

    Assailant convicted after Barron Trump calls London police to report crime he saw on video

    January 28, 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Welcome to Benjamin Franklin Institute, your premier destination for insightful, engaging, and diverse Political News and Opinions.

    The Benjamin Franklin Institute supports free speech, the U.S. Constitution and political candidates and organizations that promote and protect both of these important features of the American Experiment.

    We are passionate about delivering high-quality, accurate, and engaging content that resonates with our readers. Sign up for our text alerts and email newsletter to stay informed.

    Latest Posts

    More Evidence Skilled Labor Is Rising In Value

    May 21, 2026

    Machine Gun Kelly and Yungblud’s Feud Intensifies

    May 21, 2026

    Airbus, Air France found guilty of manslaughter over 2009 Atlantic crash

    May 21, 2026

    Subscribe for Updates

    Stay informed by signing up for our free news alerts.

    Paid for by the Benjamin Franklin Institute. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.
    • Privacy Policy
    • About us
    • Contact us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.